Download Inkscape for free and let your creativity fly!
Get the stable version for your system:
Official Release Packages
Stable release 0.91 intended for production use is available. To find out what is new, take a look into our release notes.
Ubuntu: Stable PPA or just use your package manager
OpenSUSE: Package Search
Mac OS X 10.5-10.10
Download this .dmg file (requires XQuartz) for installation on Mac OS X 10.7-10.10. Further information about this version for Mac OS X can be obtained here. Additional installation instructions are available here.
Download this .dmg file (requires XQuartz) for installation on Mac OS X 10.5-10.6.
The package for 10.5 and 10.6 is missing support for Visio and WPD/WPG files due to an oversight by the packagers. The next release 0.91.1 will have support for these formats.
The source code for Inkscape 0.91 is available for download in different archive formats. Please refer to README for installation instructions, or to Compiling Inkscape for troubleshooting help:
The prior stable release 0.48.5 is available as well:
- Windows — installer, 7zip, portable app
- Mac OS X 10.6-10.10 — .dmg (requires XQuartz)
- OpenSUSE 12.3 one-click install
- Source Packages — .gz, .bz2 (see README to install, or Compiling Inkscape for troubleshooting help)
Please let us know about packages for other platforms or distributions, and we will add them as we receive information.
For those wishing to use the latest and greatest "bleeding edge" features and willing to risk more instability, or those wishing to test out the newly added code to help identify and debug problems in the code, access is provided to the development versions. Use at your own risk, and please report all bugs you find!
If you don't want to compile the code yourself, use the ready-made build for your system. During final stages of a new release process you may happen to find compiled development packages linked from this page.
- PPA for Ubuntu has nightly builds of Inkscape from trunk. Please note that builds may not be available on days when there are compilation issues. Rarely, a build may not run. If you notice either situation, please report ASAP so it can be investigated and fixed.
- Ryan Lerch's builds for Fedora has occasional builds of Inkscape from trunk
Mac OS X:
- Dropbox with packages based on Inkscape trunk (DMG, OS X 10.7 or later)
- Nicolas Dufour and Eduard Braun offer occasional development builds for Windows, kindly hosted at tuxfamily.org.
Source Code Packages
You can also obtain the source code and compile it yourself:
Tarballs via Ubuntu package build system:
- The trunk ppa also contains source code tarballs, click on any current trunk version to find one.
Some of the packages have been signed by the packager. Here is where to find their GPG public keys: