Which game is fun bar rules within it.
    For you to conquer this gruelling feat,
    Your motifs seamless must repeat.

No image this time, 'tis for you to guess,
    Which graphic here will pass the test.
    For those unsure of what to do,
    This anagram provides a clue.

reptant lesasmes ecarte a

All entries to be submitted by 24 October 2021.

Spread the word!
    #inkscapechallenge

Instructions/Information

1. Please read the rules

2. If you'd like to post work-in-progress artwork, create a thread in the "Work in Progress" section of the forum, and post your images there. When finished, post the final graphic to this thread.

3. This challenge will run from 10 October 2021 - 24 October 2021. There are no winners. These challenges are intended to inspire, and encourage you to share your work.
    4. You're encouraged to discuss and offer feedback/constructive criticism to others, but please be respectful. We all want to learn and improve, so let's support each other.

5. Most importantly, be creative, give your best, and have fun!

I look forward to seeing your entries.

UPDATE...

FOR THOSE WHO ARE NOT NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKERS AND ANYONE WHO STRUGGLES TO SOLVE THE RIDDLE ABOVE, PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK TO REVEAL THE CHALLENGE (IN MY BIO).

Seamless
    Flower Pattern2
    Pattern Red Dress 1000
    Pattern Red Tile
    Seamless Wallpaper
    Seamless Final
    Maren Hachmann Maren Hachmann @Moini

@pacer Thanks for posting a new challenge! I'm a bit worried that being too riddle-y may make it difficult for non-native speakers to participate.

Would you consider adding a spoiler to allow everyone to take part, regardless of their English proficiency?

Pacer Pacer @pacer🏁

@Moini You are right of course. That is important. Unfortunately, it would appear that I can no longer edit the post (You can not edit this post after the grace period...). Ideally, I would add an accordion style element (<details>SPOILER...<summary>...) which would reveal the answer to the riddle in the main post, but it looks like HTML is limited on the forum to basic elements. I see you are a moderator. Is there a way to add the following statement to the original post?

FOR THOSE WHO ARE NOT NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKERS AND ANYONE WHO STRUGGLES TO SOLVE THE RIDDLE ABOVE, PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK TO REVEAL THE CHALLENGE (IN MY BIO).

z3z z3z @z3z

I've edited the comment for you. 😀

We had to lock posts after 24hours due to spammers editing their comments days or weeks after posting to add spammy links. They'd wait till a thread had gone quiet, then edit the post with spam.

Thank you, Pacer and z3z!

An alternative way to add a spoiler in forums that don't have accordions (you can make a request to add them to the allowed tags here: https://gitlab.com/inkscape/inkscape-web/issues )  would be to use a font color that is identical to the background color, so people can read it if they select the text.

Mrs Pacer Mrs Pacer @mrs_pacer

@z3z  Thank you for updating the post. That makes a lot of sense.

@Moini Thank you. You are right, using the background colour to obfuscate the text is a better way. If people favour this format (puzzles/riddles), I will do that in subsequent posts. If there isn't much response, I'll simplify the next challenge.

I think you probably used the wrong account here accidentally :) Should we approve the comment by cabbageworm, @pacer ? (or is someone impersonating you here?)

Pacer Pacer @pacer🏁

@Moini Apologies for the confusion, this is my partner's new account. I responded to your comments without checking who was signed in. Feel free to delete the comment or assign it to me.

Nah, just approving seems sufficient, I've got no idea whether I can re-assign ;-)  Curious to see what people will say / submit!

Gerald Stiehler Gerald Stiehler @mondspeer
    😀*

Wow, this is some challenge. 

Even beeing not a native speaker, I figured out what to do. Now "all" I have to do is come up with an idea. 

Gerald Stiehler Gerald Stiehler @mondspeer

How about this?

I don't have enough quota to upload the tiled version, sorry

Seamless
    Pacer Pacer @pacer🏁

@mondspeer

I love it!

Regarding your quota, if you are entering challenges, I think they will raise your quota. @Moini ?

I found this in the challenge rules: "People who participate in the challenges are eligible for larger quotas for uploading images. Let the admin know if you need more space!" - DoctorMo

I checked out your tile and it seems the background text, at the edges, and red text in the top left and bottom right don't quite match (assuming I tiled it correctly), but everything else appears to match up.

If you are interested, I wrote a fairly comprehensive tutorial on seamless patterns in Inkscape, but I haven't published it yet.

@mondspeer Your quota has been increased. Thanks for the tag, @pacer !

Pacer Pacer @pacer🏁

A basic scatter/tossed pattern.

Flower Pattern2
    Pacer Pacer @pacer🏁

Originally designed for a dress fabric.

Pattern Red Dress 1000
    Pattern Red Tile
    Gmiz Gmiz @gmiz

I call this piece "Seamfully Seamless?"

I also provided a wallpaper, if anyone wants to give it a shot ;)

Seamless Wallpaper
    Seamless Final
    Pacer Pacer @pacer🏁

@gmiz nicely done.

Love the neon lettering!