Inkscape.org
Drawing Challenges, Contests, Competitions 🌼 Inkscape Challenge | 1 March 2022 - 31 March 2022
    Pacer Pacer @pacer🏁

We challenge you to draw (with Inkscape) something related to springtime, and to post your finished artwork below. Everyone is invited to join in!

All entries to be submitted by 31 March 2022.

Please do spread the word!
    #inkscapechallenge

Also, there are more challenges to come (next one starts 1st April 2022), so put it in your calendar.

Instructions/Information

• To submit your artwork, scroll to the bottom of the page and while logged in, click the paperclip (bottom-left) to upload your image, add a description in the text box (optional) and click "Submit Reply".
    • If you'd like to post work-in-progress artwork, create a thread in the "Work in Progress" section of the forum, and post your images there, with the title "March 2022 Spring Challenge WIP - [your artwork title]" (you are welcome to ask for help there if you get stuck). When finished, post the final graphic to this thread.
    • This challenge will run from 1 March 2022 - 31 March 2022. There are no winners. These challenges are intended to inspire, to encourage you to share your work and to build a supportive community.
    • You're encouraged to discuss and offer feedback/constructive criticism to others, but please be respectful.
    • Most importantly, be creative, give your best, and have fun!

We look forward to seeing your entries!

Challenge entries (so far)

Spring Screenshot
    Kw Springtime 001
    Spring 2022 01
    Spring 2022
    Blur Example 1
    Blur Example 2
    Kw Shape Used 01
    In His Time 01
    Kw He Makes All Things Beautiful
    Process Steps 1
    Process Steps 2
    Process Steps 3
    Spring Inspiration  By Dg Ra
    Kw Beauty Awaits
    Lazur Lazur @Lazur

Ok, here is a quick one to start it off.

Spring Screenshot
    Pacer Pacer @pacer🏁

@Lazur Stunning! It captures the feeling of spring perfectly. Thank you.

Hum Hum @Hum

Hey, hey, hey. Top notch work, Lazur. Reminds me of pointillism. How did you develop it?

Hum Hum @Hum

Childlike fun. Exploring outside. Fresh air. The company of friends hanging out.

Kw Springtime 001
    Marcos González Marcos González @mrks9

@Lazur I love it, great work!

I didn't come up with anything crazy idea like other times, but I didn't want to stop participating. The first image is how it looked in inkscape. As it didn't convince me, I took the image to Gimp to touch the color and enhance the texture and then I took it back to inkscape and put it on top with the blend mode in Lighten 🌻 

A clarification. The butterflies and flowers in the lettering are a typeface in themselves https://www.dafont.com/kr-spring-me.font

Spring 2022 01
    Spring 2022
    Pacer Pacer @pacer🏁

@ken10001000 Love the rabbits! A warm, gentle invitation to warmer days to come.

Pacer Pacer @pacer🏁

@mrks9 "...I didn't want to stop participating". Well I hope not. Your graphical experiments and @ken10001000 's heart-warming illustrations are the backbone of the challenges.

Thank you for another fun and interesting design!

@pacer Yep, @ken10001000  always brings a smile to our faces 😄

Lazur Lazur @Lazur

Thank you all!

@ken10001000 I'm not so satisfied with the result because was expecting/aiming for something with more clarity on the individual strokes. 

Will try to add some dropshadows however this kind of stuff is  a rendering nightmare.

Used the spray tool laying out the image, and the tweak tool for colouring and added some custom filter on top.

Hum Hum @Hum

This is some creative and beautiful work, one and all. Thank you.

I am not quite satisfied with the "brown" (tan) color I chose. And I hope I made it clear enough that the rabbit with the pink eyes has a raised paw (waving at you?) and not a weird ear dangling about.

Let's keep 'em rolling.

Hum Hum @Hum

Hi, again. Played around with a core blurry shape. Used in at different angles, sizes and opacities. Along with blends, "do's", "un-do's", and trial and error. Wanted to create some impressionistic "flowers" for springtime look.

A splash of color, and imagination, so that a mishmash of blurry shapes can resemble anything. On a journey to getting  "better".

Kw Shape Used 01
    In His Time 01
    Kw He Makes All Things Beautiful

@ken10001000 Lovely effect. Thanks for sharing it 🌺

Hum Hum @Hum

Thank you, Marcos.

Here are a few pics relating to blurring your shape. It is really about experimenting and seeing what you like.

Blur Example 1
    Blur Example 2
    Pacer Pacer @pacer🏁

@ken10001000 Stunning. Well done! I would be interested to learn your process, now you have done the heavy lifting of experimentation.

Hum Hum @Hum

Thank you, Pacer. Below are some key ideas in the "process" ... which has no particular order. Just using masks, clips, altering shapes by way of path effects, and filters, and good old fashined experimentation.

This "result" is not by my attempting to draw/mimic a section of a "petal", or a "leaf", or a "stem". In my mind, it is more akin to dropping watercolor spots, and letting them bleed into one another and see what develops. Or, like placing a jigsaw puzzle together, one oddly shaped piece at a time. So that the "whole" resembles something altogether. The blurriness and opacity changes and colors resemble an out of focus result - like a badly focused photo taken with a camera. As I plop and ply one odd shape at a time, a "picture" develops, from all that side by side (and over and under) "droplets". I hope this explanation makes some sense. Similar to taking broken pottery pieces and placing them here and there, and "discovering" what your "pieces" collectively make.

Or, like those inkblots seen and used by pyschologists. One person "sees" a racoon and another a butterfly, and another a terrible mess. One person looks at the clouds above and spots a face or a place or a thing-a-ma-jig.

Process Steps 1
    Process Steps 2
    Process Steps 3
    Rafael Javier Rafael Javier @DG-RA

Hello! some time ago I did some work related to spring. lately I have been very busy, but, I wanted to know if I can share that work? or should it be a new work?

Pacer Pacer @pacer🏁

@DG-RA New creations are nice to see, but we aren't precious about that. If you have something relevant to share, I'd love to see it. When you don't have the time to create something, please feel free to comment. The support is always welcome. :)

Pacer Pacer @pacer🏁

@ken10001000 Thank you for the guide. I will explore this. Appreciated.

@Pacer well, I hope this work corresponds to the theme of this space :-)

Spring Inspiration  By Dg Ra
    Pacer Pacer @pacer🏁

@DG-RA Wow! You are very talented. I have seen a similar technique, but you have a good eye for colour and composition. Thank you for sharing.

Hum Hum @Hum

Very nice work, Rafael.

@DG-RA Gorgeous paper cut effect. Thanks for sharing 💯

Thank you all so much for your appreciation, I'm so glad you liked it! ;)

Hum Hum @Hum

Beauty awaits. Go outside.

Kw Beauty Awaits
Inkscape Inkscape.org Inkscape Forum Drawing Challenges, Contests, Competitions 🌼 Inkscape Challenge | 1 March 2022 - 31 March 2022