Inkscape.org
Beyond the Basics Font Samples Previews Missing (version 1.2.2)
    Wilma DAVENPORT Wilma DAVENPORT @WilmaDD

Just last week, I updated to version 1.2.2 and I am now noticing that I'm having issues with system installed text/font samples preview display.  I've attached a screenshot that shows some fonts show the previews while most do not.  I've also attached a video, that shows what appears to be inconsistent behavior that is happening when trying to choose different fonts from the panel section. 

Is anyone else experiencing this or is there something I need to do?   

Thanks. 

PS.  Adding that it is not allowing me to add a photo or video. It's stating there is not enough space to upload this file.  Even if I just try to upload the jpg which is only 254 kb.

Tyler Durden Tyler Durden @TylerDurden

Before proceeding further, I'd reset the preferences. 

Tyler.  Thanks for the quick response and suggestion.  I just deleted preferences.xml in the AppData/Roaming/Inkscape directory and assuming that resets it.   The issue is still not resolved. 

In the current versions, there is a button that resets preferences to default, but Inkscape still needs to be restarted after.

It may be this bug: https://gitlab.com/inkscape/inbox/-/issues/7947

it could be resolved in 1.3. The alpha version is available for testing.https://inkscape.org/release/inkscape-1.3alpha0/

Thank you.  I'll try the reset button and then I may just go back to 1.2.0 from 5/2022 or try 1.3 alpha version.  

Again, I appreciate your quick response.

Do you know is there a way to clear the app cache?  I was thinking that might fix my issue???

I don't think there is an easy way to do that, if at all.

Inkscape Inkscape.org Inkscape Forum Beyond the Basics Font Samples Previews Missing (version 1.2.2)