Development and Pre-Release Versions
For those wishing to use the latest and greatest ‘bleeding edge’ features and willing to risk more instability, or those wishing to test out the newly added code to help identify and debug problems in the code, access is provided to the development versions.
Use at your own risk, and please report all bugs you find!
Development Versions from Inkscape trunk
- Nicolas Dufour and Eduard Braun offer occasional development builds for Windows, kindly hosted at tuxfamily.org.
- For those who want to follow development toward 0.92.2, an inkscape-devel port is available via MacPorts, which builds a snapshot from the lp:inkscape/0.92.x release branch.
- Dropbox with packages based on Inkscape trunk (DMG, OS X 10.7 or later, slightly outdated).
- PPA for Ubuntu has nightly builds of Inkscape from trunk. Please note that builds may not be available on days when there are compilation issues. Rarely, a build may not run. If you notice either situation, please report ASAP so it can be investigated and fixed.
- Ryan Lerch's builds for Fedora has occasional builds of Inkscape from trunk.
- A regularly updated snap package for Inkscape trunk is available in the "edge" channel. To use it, install snapd, if it isn't installed yet, then as root user, type "
snap install --edge inkscape" to install, or "
snap refresh --edge inkscape" to update. An Inkscape version that is already installed via normal package management may have priority in your path. If that's the case, either change the snap directory's priority in your path, remove the other Inkscape version, or execute the snap using the command "
You can also obtain the source code and compile it yourself:
- BZR access via Launchpad
- The trunk ppa also contains source code tarballs, click on any current trunk version to find one.
- If you would just like to take a look at the files of the current development version, visit the code repository at launchpad.
Pre-Release Versions for Inkscape 0.92.1
To find out what's new in this preview, check out the Inkscape 0.92.1 release notes.
For Ubuntu users, there is a ppa with daily snapshots from the stable 0.92.x branch.