Inkscape.org
Beyond the Basics 1.4rc1 Issues with Select tool and Node tool that are not present in 1.3.2
    Aoi_nezumi Aoi_nezumi @Aoi_nezumi

Hi everyone. I'm having some issues with the 1.4 release candidate. I'm wondering if anyone else has come across these behaviors and what I should make of them.

I'm on Windows 11. With the select tool, I cannot click and drag over locked objects. I can do this in 1.3.2 but not 1.4rc1. I often draw a concept traditionally and then trace over it in Inkscape. I lock the image so it doesn't move. Sometimes I need to select multiple items on the image, but now I have to zoom out and click and drag from off the image or hide the image to click and drag. This isn't the worst issue, but it's annoying.

As for the nodes tool, I've looked through the release notes, but I couldn't find anything so not sure if this is a new to 1.4 feature to allow a different way to select multiple objects, but when I'm using the node tool and try to select a new object, I will often end up with multiple objects selected when I don't want this to happen. I've found that if I double click (even if it's a rather slow double click) directly on or nearby a second object, I can get this to happen consistently. Sometimes, when I'm working, I'll end up with multiple objects selected. Sometimes, just single clicking another object will select it and I have to click several times on an empty part of the canvas to deselect. If this is a new feature, is there a way to disable it? I've found nothing related to this in preferences. If this is a bug, is it a known issue? If it's not a bug, I would like to be able to disable it as it messes with my work flow.

Thanks for any help and insight!

Paddy_CAD Paddy_CAD @Paddy_CAD

Maybe this will help.

[shift+ctrl+p] opens Inkscape preferences.
    [Behaviour > Selecting]
    [Ignore locked objects and layers: Yes]

Aoi_nezumi Aoi_nezumi @Aoi_nezumi

Already had that checked. Tried unchecking and then rechecking and still doesn't work. I tried resetting my preferences. That also didn't work. Seems like it's also doing it in 1.3.2 now, which it wasn't before and is still working properly on my other PC that just has 1.3.2 installed. Weird thing is is that it will work in 1.4rc1 for a few seconds when I first open a file with a locked object or place an image into a new file and then lock it and then it stops working. So, I'm probably going to uninstall both and just install 1.4 instead of the parallel install I have alongside 1.3.2 right now to see if that helps. Hopefully it also fixes the issue with the nodes tool

Update: It it did not help with either issue.

Inkscape Inkscape.org Inkscape Forum Beyond the Basics 1.4rc1 Issues with Select tool and Node tool that are not present in 1.3.2